Where's Terry?

Where's Terry?
Where's Terry? Portland, OR to Fort St John BC and Grand Prairie ALB Canada

Monday, January 10, 2011

We did it

Got done with this week's work Saturday at 1:45 p.m. So the week after Christmas I put in 69hours (even with taking half day off to go to Dr and get meds for my sinus infection AND a much needed nap!!). I have improved greatly but still coughing some. This week I put in 88 hours. The project implementation went well. The Prineville team did great (there are a couple folks that are struggling with the transition but overall folks have good attitudes and are learning fast and making progress.) There is still ALOT of data setup issues so most of my time is still dealing with data instead of support for the folks. My supervisor put even more hours in than me but went home Saturday after being here for 2 weeks. We had several folks helping us from corporate IT and the other mills. One of my worries is that since I have spent the last two months AND implementation week on data, I will be learning the support role as I go but I will be able to make lots of phone calls and get help. Overall it was very successful considering it was a total change of systems and our folks had to change their way of thinking (from tracking units of wood with individual numbers to tracking it only my part number and quantity and going from one Work Order per sales line to mutiple Work orders because now there is a work order for each component used to make the final product). The support will get lighter as they learn more and do more on there own but the stabilization will take about 3 months. To get an idea about how big the project was - there are 10 different screens of data that need entered to set up one part and we set up over 11,000 parts. Some of the parts have 2 to 10 components. I wrote the scripts to pull the information from the old system and created the spreadsheets used by data entry folks - about 130 spreadsheets (so far). Anyway, the Lord has sustained me. Local Management were really supportive and even the Millwork Division Manager came from corporate offices to be on hand for support. I have always felt that the Lord wanted me to have this job and He has made sure that I have been able to help the folks to be successful. By His mercy and help, WE DID IT. Praise His Holy Name!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment