Where's Terry?

Where's Terry?
Where's Terry? Portland, OR to Fort St John BC and Grand Prairie ALB Canada

Monday, May 14, 2012

Yard walk

I have been trying to get in 30 minutes of walking everyday.  My average is 5-6.  I have a meandering path around our place which takes me 10 minutes to get through one round - so I try to walk it three times.  It could be rather boring BUT I am trying to learn to be more observant.  Spring is a fun time of year to look for new things each day on the path.  Today I noticed some desert flowers starting to get buds, and the baby apple tree is starting to get some leaves.  So are the lilac twigs and the rhubarb seemed to grow twice its size overnight!  The quail skitter from bush to bush and start shouting "Dogs are out! Dogs are out!"  We can also hear the doves cooing and the frogs croaking.  It is amazing how many 'voices' frogs have - high, low, gravelly.  We also have a woodpecker that visits the bird feeder.  And two deer visit quite often - even coming up to the front porch.  So I have seen their tracks in many places.  Unfortunately, I also see lots of mounds made by a mole and ant hills (some small but one is really large and covered with juniper "leaves".  There are juniper berries all over the ground because the robins have been eating them and dropping them everywhere.  The rabbitbrush, bitterbrush and sagebrush are all getting their leaves.  One of them looks feathery.  So everyday the walk is a little bit different.  Bogey and Birdie find lots of areas to sniff too!




No comments:

Post a Comment