Where's Terry?

Where's Terry?
Where's Terry? Portland, OR to Fort St John BC and Grand Prairie ALB Canada

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Doctor said "Fantastic"

I have been trying to exercise and have a better diet in order to get my cholesterol level down and yesterday the Doctor called to say my blood test results were FANTASTIC!!!  My total cholesterol went from 314 down to 259 dropping 55 points!!  My LDL went from 182 to 144, my triglycerides went from 266 to 184 and my HDL level stayed the same.  It has been hard work trying to fit in 30 minutes of exercise each day and my average was about 5 days per week.  I have been working on it for 3 months.  I didn't do as well on my eating habits as I would have liked and my weight seems to be down one day and up the next.  So I was really surprised that what I had done dropped the level as much as it did because what I could see happening was on the discouraging side.  But these results give me incentive to keep pushing and moving forward and maybe eventually the weight will come down as well.  My doctor says I don't have to go on statin pills and to get my blood retested in 6 months.  I am so excited about the great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment